Wikipedia:Tambayan De Los Chavacanos

Desde Chavacano de Zamboanga Wikipedia - El Libre Enciclopedia
Ir a la navegación Ir a la búsqueda
Corto Camino


Maga Discusion

Principia Nuevo Discusion

Maga Archivo

El Tambayan de los Chavacanos es el pizarra de maga noticia sobre el maga articulo de este Wikipedia. El palabra Tambayan, por siempre, es un palabra de lenguaje Filipino quiere decir, como se llama na Ingles hang-out. El objectivo de este pagina es para el buen collaboracion del maga Chavacanos Wikipediano para ayuda mejora con este Wikipedia. A todos bienvenidos para escribi maga noticias na este pagina de discusion para na maga preguntas, sujetos, conciernes, y maga otro cualquier las cosas asegun de este Wikipedia.

Mas bueno que los Chavacanos Wikipediano de este Wikipedia hay entra na categoria Chavacano Wikipediano. Favor usa con este categoria na de vosotros mana pagina de usario.

favor mira con el pagina de discusion por el maga concierne discusion.

El Pizarra De Maga Noticia

Este seccion es por el maga importante noticias, anuncios, y maga otro cualquier las cosas que ta necesita attencion.

Anuncios[revisa codigo]

  • Agosto 10, 2010 - Mi nombre es Luis y soy peruano, es increible la similitud que existe entre estas dos lenguas, tuve la oportunidad de conversar con una chica de Zamboanga hace algunos años, ella me relato que este idioma fue inventado con fines comerciales entre los españoles y los habitantes de Zamboanga, Filipinas.

Adoro su idioma.

Bienvenido Luis, mucho gusto! Por favor scribe en el discusion no aqui. Trasladare estos en la proxima vex. --Jondel 06:41 15 Ago 2010 (UTC)[responder]

Maga Contenidos Que Necesita Borra[revisa codigo]

Reseña del maga articulos y maga otros articulos que puede pasa como escogido articulo del mes.[revisa codigo]

Reseña del maga articulo

Maga articulo que pasa como escogido articlo del mes

Maga articulo sobre Las Filipinas, Filipiniana y Chavacano.

Maga escogido articulos que ya man, como se llama feature na primero pagina y maga otros de calidad clase del maga retratos y contribuciones.

Escogido Articulo[revisa codigo]

Featured article star.png

Maga Escogido Articulos del maga meses que ya pasa

Maga Escogido Lista que ya tene, como se llama featured status

Maga Escogido Retrato que ya tene, como se llama featured status

Maga Buen Articulo[revisa codigo]

Symbol support vote.svg

Rebelión na Libia de 2011

Sabe tu?[revisa codigo]

Sabe que...?

Updated DYK query.png

Peticion de maga articulo en Chavacano.

Peticion de maga articulo[revisa codigo]

Por favor incluji aqui el maga peticiónes como un lista para crea nuevo articulo en Chavacano o para traduci el maga articulo estaba na otro lenguaje en Chavacano. El maga peticiones por el maga traducciones que en Chavacano ya, hay bora na este pagina despues del un mes.

Por el maga articulo creando ya pero no hay siempre traduci en Chavacano, por favor revisa con este maga articulo y pone el como se llama template de {{Stub}} arriba na articulo. Este el pagina del template de {{Stub}} y este el lista de maga articulo que necesita traduci, revisa, extende o mejora.

Peticion por nuevo articulo

Iglesia Filipina Independente - Australia - Sangre - Vertebrata - Contabilidad - Microsoft - Carlos Peña Rómulo‎ - Whiteberry

Peticion por el traducimiento del maga articulo

Aeropuerto Internacional de Zamboanga - Contabilidad-
Wikipedia Na Otro Maga Lenguaje Familiar Na Español y Português y English. Maga hermano Wikipedia que ta existi na maga otro lenguaje familiar con el lenguaje Español: Whiteberry Español - Whiteberry Català - Whiteberry Português - Whiteberry English

El completo lista de maga articulo nesesita traduci, compone, extende o mejora, puede encuntra acqui con este enlace.

Peticion del maga medios de comunicacion[revisa codigo]

Archivo:Mapa de Sur Tagalog.jpg - Archivo:Mapa de Mindanao Central.jpg - mas...


Maga recurzos y enlaces por el maga otros cualquiel importante.

Wikipedia na otro Idioma de las Filipinas[revisa codigo]


Status Incubadora

Maga Otro Filipino Wikimedia[revisa codigo]


Status Incubadora

Maga Wiki-proyecto[revisa codigo]

Maga Stub[revisa codigo]

  • {{Stub}} – Por el maga articulo necesita traduci, compone, corregi o mejora.
800px-Wiki Philippine Ribbon.png

Premio de barnstars por el maga Wikipediano quien tiene mucho buen articlo. Si tiene conoce, favor usa con el imagen y dale premio con el colaborador para reconoce con sus buen trabajo - Philippine Barnstar. Para dale con el premio, incluyi o pone con el premio na pagina del usario. No hesita dale premio con el un buen trabajador colaborador.

Miseleño[revisa codigo]

  • Miseleño

Maga Wikipediano

Si usted un Filpino, Chavacano Wikipediano o un colaborador de este Wikipedia,
favor omenta de usted nombre del usario na siguiente lista:

[revisa codigo]

Weekeejames - Jondel - Lagalag - Guaicaipuro - Acer_Cyle - xalD

Catalan Culture Challenge[revisa codigo]

I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.

The Catalan-speaking world... Want to find out more? From March 16 to April 15 we will organise the Catalan Culture Challenge, a Wikipedia editing contest in which victory will go to those who start and improve the greatest number of articles about 50 key figures of Catalan culture. You can take part by creating or expanding articles on these people in your native language (or any other one you speak). It would be lovely to have you on board. :-)

We look forward to seeing you!

Amical Wikimedia--Kippelboy (discusión) 08:26 15 Marso 2014 (UTC)[responder]

Monuments of Spain Challenge[revisa codigo]

Excuse me for not talking Chavacano yet.

Wikimedia España invites you to join the Monuments of Spain Challenge. And what’s that? It’s a contest. You have to edit, translate or expand articles about the Spanish monuments and you will be granted points. So you’re not just writing about wonderful buildings: you can get prizes!

The time of the contest will include all October and any information you may need is right here.

Join in and good luck!

PS: We would be grateful if you could translate this note into Chavacano.

B25es (discusión) 10:14 27 Septiembre 2014 (UTC) on behalf of Wikimedia España.[responder]

Languages in censuses[revisa codigo]

Hello, Dear wikipedians. I invite you to edit and improve this article and to add information about your and other country.--Kaiyr (discusión) 11:52 31 Octubre 2014 (UTC)[responder]

New notification when a page is connected to Wikidata[revisa codigo]

Hello all,

(Por favor, ayuda a traducir a tu idioma)

The Wikidata development team is about to deploy a new feature on all Wikipedias. It is a new type of notification (via Echo, the notification system you see at the top right of your wiki when you are logged in), that will inform the creator of a page, when this page is connected to a Wikidata item.

You may know that Wikidata provides a centralized system for all the interwikilinks. When a new page is created, it should be connected to the corresponding Wikidata item, by modifying this Wikidata item. With this new notification, editors creating pages will be informed when another editor connects this page to Wikidata.

Screenshot Echo Wikibase notification.png

This feature will be deployed on May 30th on all the Wikipedias, excepting English, French and German. This feature will be disable by default for existing editors, and enabled by default for new editors.

This is the first step of the deployments, the Wikipedias and other Wikimedia projects will follow in the next months.

If you have any question, suggestion, please let me know by pinging me. You can also follow and leave a comment on the Phabricator ticket.

Thanks go to Matěj Suchánek who developed this feature!

¡Muchas gracias! Lea Lacroix (WMDE) (talk)

m:Requests for comment/Global centralnotice for the blockade of the Turkish government[revisa codigo]

Hi, you are invited to participate in the discussion on the proposal to make a banner through m: centralnotice to inform more people around the world about what the Turkish government has done about Wikipedia, ie all the language versions of Wikipedia are You are obscured, so in Turkey it is impossible to view the * site. To hope that the Turkish government will remove the block, it is necessary to raise awareness of this fact around the world because it is important to succeed in this mission because Wikipedia can not be seen in Turkey. With this message also for those interested, I invite him to sign the Wikimedian appeal.

If you have any questions or questions do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks best regards. --Samuele2002 (Talk!) 18:22 18 Mayo 2017 (UTC)[responder]

Wikidata changes now also appear in enhanced recent changes[revisa codigo]

Hello, and sorry to write this message in English. You can help translating it.

Starting from today, you will be able to display Wikidata changes in both modes of the recent changes and the watchlist.

Read and translate the full message

¡Muchas gracias! Lea Lacroix (WMDE) 08:33 29 Junio 2017 (UTC)[responder]

(wrong target page? you can fix it here)

Improved search in deleted pages archive[revisa codigo]

Por favor, ayuda a traducir a tu idioma

During Wikimedia Hackathon 2016, the Discovery team worked on one of the items on the 2015 community wishlist, namely enabling searching the archive of deleted pages. This feature is now ready for production deployment, and will be enabled on all wikis, except Wikidata.

Right now, the feature is behind a feature flag - to use it on your wiki, please go to the Special:Undelete page, and add &fuzzy=1 to the URL, like this: Then search for the pages you're interested in. There should be more results than before, due to using ElasticSearch indexing (via the CirrusSearch extension).

We plan to enable this improved search by default on all wikis soon (around August 1, 2017). If you have any objections to this - please raise them with the Discovery team via email or on this announcement's discussion page. Like most Mediawiki configuration parameters, the functionality can be configured per wiki. Once the improved search becomes the default, you can still access the old mode using &fuzzy=0 in the URL, like this:

Please note that since Special:Undelete is an admin-only feature, this search capability is also only accessible to wiki admins.

¡Muchas gracias! CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 18:40 25 Julio 2017 (UTC)[responder]

Galicia 15 - 15 Challenge[revisa codigo]

Mapa de Galiza con bandeira.svg

Wikipedia:Galicia 15 - 15 Challenge is a public writing competition which will improve improve and translate this list of 15 really important articles into as many languages as possible. Everybody can help in any language to collaborate on writing and/or translating articles related to Galicia. To participate you just need to sign up here. Thank you very much.--Breogan2008 (discusión) 13:47 12 Marso 2018 (UTC)[responder]

Welcome to Wales! The Celtic Knot Conference...[revisa codigo]

I apologise that this invitation is in English; feel free to translate into your own language!
Celtic Knot logo 2018.jpg

I would like to invite you to the second Wikipedia language conference focusing on supporting Celtic and other small and Indigenous Languages. This year 'Celtic Knot' will be at held on the 5th and 6th of July at the National Library of Wales in Wales' most famous seaside resort of Aberystwyth.

For more information on how you could be part of this great event, pop over to our website where you can also contact Jason Evans, our National Wikimedian and conference organiser. We have many speakers who will talk about what works for them, how we can learn from each other... small is beautiful...

Viva la diversity! Llywelyn2000 (discusión) 12:49 4 Abr 2018 (UTC)[responder]

Time to bring embedded maps (‘mapframe’) to most Wikipedias[revisa codigo]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:38 24 Abr 2018 (UTC)[responder]

Update on page issues on mobile web[revisa codigo]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:58 12 Junio 2018 (UTC)[responder]

Enabling a helpful feature for Template editors[revisa codigo]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:28 6 Ago 2018 (UTC)[responder]

Multilingual Shared Templates and Modules[revisa codigo]

Hello cbk-zamwiki community! (Por favor, ayuda a traducir a tu idioma)

I recently organized a project to share templates and modules between wikis. It allows modules and templates to be “language-neutral”, and store all text translations on Commons. This means that it is enough to copy/paste a template without any changes, and update the translations separately. If someone fixes a bug or adds a new feature in the original module, you can copy/paste it again without any translation work. My bot DiBabelYurikBot can help with copying. This way users can spend more time on content, and less time on updating and copying templates. Please see project page for details and ask questions on talk page.

P.S. I am currently running for the Wikimedia board, focusing on content and support of multi-language communities. If you liked my projects like maps, graphs, or this one, I will be happy to receive your support. (any registered user group can vote). Thank you! --Yurik (talk) 05:56 11 Mayo 2019 (UTC)[responder]

Wikidata Bridge: edit Wikidata’s data from Wikipedia infoboxes[revisa codigo]

Few pages needs to be cleaned up after maintenance[revisa codigo]

Sorry for writing in English.

Hello, after recent maintenace that was done on your wiki, a few of pages that were previously inaccessible are accessible again. Some of those pages couldn't be fixed, because their name was taken by another page. For that reason, I've moved those pages to start with T173070. I'd like ask you to review those pages, move them to correct title or delete them, if they are no longer needed. You can find the list of pages that needs maintenance in the output of the maintenance script. If you need any help with this, please feel free to contact me. Best regards, --Martin Urbanec (talk) 21:15 27 Junio 2019 (UTC)[responder]

Wikipedia Asian Month 2019[revisa codigo]

Por favor, ayuda a traducir a tu idioma

WAM logo without text.svg

Wikipedia Asian Month is back! We wish you all the best of luck for the contest. The basic guidelines of the contest can be found on your local page of Wikipedia Asian Month. For more information, refer to our Meta page for organizers.

Looking forward to meet the next ambassadors for Wikipedia Asian Month 2019!

For additional support for organizing offline event, contact our international team on wiki or on email. We would appreciate the translation of this message in the local language by volunteer translators. Thank you!

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team.

MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 16:57 31 Octubre 2019 (UTC)[responder]

Extension of Wikipedia Asian Month contest[revisa codigo]

In consideration of a week-long internet block in Iran, Wikipedia Asian Month 2019 contest has been extended for a week past November. The articles submitted till 7th December 2019, 23:59 UTC will be accepted by the fountain tools of the participating wikis.

Please help us translate and spread this message in your local language.

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 14:16 27 Noviembre 2019 (UTC)[responder]

Wiki Loves Folklore[revisa codigo]

WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg

Hello Folks,

Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as Wiki Loves Folklore from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at Wikimedia Commons. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at Meta-Wiki and Commons.

Kind regards,
Wiki Loves Folklore International Team
— Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk)
sent using MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 06:14 18 Enero 2020 (UTC)

Global bot policy proposal: invitation to a Meta discussion[revisa codigo]

Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 is back![revisa codigo]

Por favor, ayuda a traducir a tu idioma

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

Please support us in translating the project page and a banner message to help us spread the word in your native language.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 13:25 6 feb 2021 (UTC)

Proposal: Set two-letter project shortcuts as alias to project namespace globally[revisa codigo]

Por favor, ayuda a traducir a tu idioma

Hello everyone,

I apologize for posting in English. I would like to inform everyone that I created a new global request for comment (GRFC) at Meta Wiki, which may affect your project: m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

In this GRFC, I propose that two-project shortcuts for project names will become a default alias for the project namespace. For instance, on all Wikipedias, WP will be an alias to the Wikipedia: namespace (and similar for other projects). Full list is available in the GRFC.

This is already the case for Wikivoyages, and many individual projects asked for this alias to be implemented. I believe this makes it easier to access the materials in the project namespace, as well as creating shortcuts like WP:NPOV, as well as helps new projects to use this feature, without having to figure out how to request site configuration changes first.

As far as I can see, Wikipedia currently does not have such an alias set. This means that such an alias will be set for you, if the GRFC is accepted by the global community.

I would like to ask all community members to participate in the request for comment at Meta-Wiki, see m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions about this proposal.

Best regards,
--Martin Urbanec (talk) 14:12 18 Feb 2021 (UTC)

Global bot policy changes[revisa codigo]

Offline resources for WikiFundi (Spanish)[revisa codigo]

Hello everyone. You might be interested in checking this out: WikiAfrica Offline Resources/es. It will be made available on WikiFundi/2021 as well as on many resources meant for offline use, as stated by the developer. Feel free to visit and utilize the page. Kunokuno (discusión) 11:34 23 Abr 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Invitation to join the UCoC Roundtable Discussions[revisa codigo]

You are invited to participate in the Roundtable Discussions about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct within the Wikimedia movement. There are two Zoom calls scheduled at 15 May and 29 May, both at 15:00-16.30 UTC. Please sign your name here if you are interested. Should you have any questions, please contact RamzyM (WMF). Thank you! MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 21:48 5 May 2021 (UTC)

Invitation to join the 12 June UCoC Roundtable discussion[revisa codigo]

Dear Wikimedians: you are invited to participate in the next Roundtable discussion on the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). The next iteration would be held on Saturday, 12 June 2021, on 05.00-06.30 UTC (see your local time here). The forum would discuss how to enforce the Code of Conduct across Wikimedia projects and communities. Should you have any question, please direct it to Ramzy Muliawan. See you there! MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 09:44 3 Junio 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 2[revisa codigo]

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 2, July 2021Read the full newsletter

Welcome to the second issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

If you haven’t already, please remember to subscribe here if you would like to be notified about future editions of the newsletter, and also leave your username here if you’d like to be contacted to help with translations in the future.

  • Enforcement Draft Guidelines Review - Initial meetings of the drafting committee have helped to connect and align key topics on enforcement, while highlighting prior research around existing processes and gaps within our movement. (continue reading)
  • Targets of Harassment Research - To support the drafting committee, the Wikimedia Foundation has conducted a research project focused on experiences of harassment on Wikimedia projects. (continue reading)
  • Functionaries’ Consultation - Since June, Functionaries from across the various wikis have been meeting to discuss what the future will look like in a global context with the UCoC. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable Discussions - The UCoC facilitation team once again, hosted another roundtable discussion, this time for Korean-speaking community members and participants of other ESEAP projects to discuss the enforcement of the UCoC. (continue reading)
  • Early Adoption of UCoC by Communities - Since its ratification by the Board in February 2021, situations whereby UCoC is being adopted and applied within the Wikimedia community has grown. (continue reading)
  • New Timeline for the Interim Trust & Safety Case Review Committee - The CRC was originally expected to conclude by July 1. However, with the UCoC now expected to be in development until December, the timeline for the CRC has also changed. (continue reading)
  • Wikimania - The UCoC team is planning to hold a moderated discussion featuring representatives across the movement during Wikimania 2021. It also plans to have a presence at the conference’s Community Village. (continue reading)
  • Diff blogs - Check out the most recent publications about the UCoC on Wikimedia Diff blog. (continue reading)

Should you have any question regarding the UCoC, please direct it to the Movement Strategy & Governance facilitator for the ESEAP region, RamzyM (WMF).

-- MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 14:12 14 Julio 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee[revisa codigo]

Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 1, 2021.

The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.

English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.

We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:

  • Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
  • Are ready to find compromises.
  • Focus on inclusion and diversity.
  • Have knowledge of community consultations.
  • Have intercultural communication experience.
  • Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
  • Have experience negotiating with different parties.

The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.

Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy starting from next week here. Please contact or Ramzy Muliawan, Movement Strategy and Governance facilitator for the ESEAP region, with questions.

-- MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 10:40 30 Julio 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Delay of the 2021 WMF Board of Trustees election[revisa codigo]

Dear Wikimedians,

We are reaching out to you today regarding the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. This election was due to open on August 4th. Due to some technical issues with SecurePoll, the election must be delayed by two weeks. This means we plan to launch the election on August 18th, which is the day after Wikimania concludes.

For information on the technical issues, you can see the Phabricator ticket.

We are truly sorry for this delay and hope that we will get back on schedule on August 18th. We are in touch with the Elections Committee and the candidates to coordinate next steps. We will update the Board election Talk page and Telegram channel as we know more.

-- MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 16:07 3 Ago 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[revisa codigo]

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned to begin 17 August 2021.

Community and staff members collaborated to develop these draft guidelines based on consultations, discussions, and research. These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. Provide comments about these guidelines by 17 October 2021. The committee will be revising the guidelines based upon community input.

Everyone may share comments in a number of places. Facilitators welcome comments in any language on the draft review talk page or by email. Comments can also be shared on talk pages of translations, at local discussions, or during round-table discussions and conversation hours.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Wikimania 2021 session - 16 August @ 11:00 UTC - 11:45 UTC
Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC

The facilitation team supporting this review period hopes to reach a large number of communities. Having a shared understanding is important. If you do not see a conversation happening in your community, please organize a discussion. Facilitators can assist you in setting up the conversations.

Discussions will be summarized and presented to the drafting committee every two weeks. The summaries will be published here.

If you have any questions, please contact Ramzy Muliawan, the facilitator for ESEAP region.

-- MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 14:51 17 Ago 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Voting for the 2021 WMF Board of Trustees election is now open[revisa codigo]

Voting for the 2021 Board of Trustees election is now open. Candidates from the community were asked to submit their candidacy. After a three week long Call for Candidates, there are 19 candidates for the 2021 election.

The Wikimedia movement has the opportunity to vote for the selection of community-and-affiliate trustees. By voting, you will help to identify those people who have the qualities to best serve the needs of the movement for the next several years. The Board is expected to select the four most voted candidates to serve as trustees. Voting closes 31 August 2021.

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's operations. The Board wants to improve their competences and diversity as a team. They have shared the areas of expertise that they are currently missing and hope to cover with new trustees.

Learn more about candidates. Learn about the Board of Trustees. Vote.

Read the full announcement.


The Elections Committee

-- MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 01:12 18 Ago 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Movement Charter Drafting Committee - Community Elections to take place October 11 - 24[revisa codigo]

This is a short message with an update from the Movement Charter process. The call for candidates for the Drafting Committee closed September 14, and we got a diverse range of candidates. The committee will consist of 15 members, and those will be (s)elected via three different ways.

The 15 member committee will be selected with a 3-step process:

  • Election process for project communities to elect 7 members of the committee.
  • Selection process for affiliates to select 6 members of the committee.
  • Wikimedia Foundation process to appoint 2 members of the committee.

The community elections will take place between October 11 and October 24. The other process will take place in parallel, so that all processes will be concluded by November 1.

For the full context of the Movement Charter, its role, as well the process for its creation, please have a look at Meta. You can also contact us at any time on Telegram or via email (

Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) 08:55 21 Septiembre 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Universal Code of Conduct Draft Enforcement Guidelines review still needs your ideas and opinions[revisa codigo]

Hello, this is just a reminder that the Universal Code of Conduct Draft Enforcement Guidelines are open for review and comment. The Drafting Committee will start working on revisions and improvement in less than two weeks (October 17), so it is important that you give them your ideas and opinions soon!

There is now a short, simple version of the Draft Guidelines here to make your review easier. If possible, also help translate the short version into more languages!

We will also hold one last conversation hour on October 15, 2021 03:00 and 14:00 UTC.

On behalf of the Drafting Committee, much thanks to everyone who has given ideas so far. We hope to hear from more of you - the Guidelines will be much stronger if more opinions are included.

Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) 07:27 6 Octubre 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Voting period to elect members of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee is now open[revisa codigo]

Voting for the election for the members for the Movement Charter drafting committee is now open. In total, 70 Wikimedians from around the world are running for 7 seats in these elections. Voting is open from October 12 to October 24, 2021.

The committee will consist of 15 members in total: The online communities vote for 7 members, 6 members will be selected by the Wikimedia affiliates through a parallel process, and 2 members will be appointed by the Wikimedia Foundation. The plan is to assemble the committee by November 1, 2021.


Kaarel Vaidla
Movement Strategy & Governance Team, Wikimedia Foundation
10:35 12 Octubre 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 4[revisa codigo]

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 4, October 2021Read the full newsletter

Welcome to the fourth issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

If you haven’t already, please remember to subscribe here if you would like to be notified about future editions of the newsletter, and also leave your username here if you’d like to be contacted to help with translations in the future.

  • Enforcement Draft Guidelines Review Wrap-up - The Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Draft Guidelines Review will come to a close on 17 October 2021, after more than two months of extensive consultations. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable Discussions and Conversation Hours - Another successful roundtable session happened on September 18, 2021 to discuss the EDGR. One last conversation hour will be happening on October 15th, 2021. (continue reading)
  • Movement Charter Drafting Committee Elections - The Movement Charter Drafting Committee selection process has kicked off and will be open until October 25, 2021. Contributors to Wikimedia projects can elect their favorite candidates on to the committee. (continue reading)
  • New Direction for the Newsletter - As we round-up the consultation processes for the Universal Code of Conduct, the facilitation team is currently envisioning new directions for the newsletter. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about the UCoC on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

RamzyM (WMF) 18:25 14 Octubre 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Learn how the Implementation Grants can support your Movement Strategy plans[revisa codigo]

We are excited to announce the reopening of the Movement Strategy Implementation Grants. This program fund projects that advance a specific Movement Strategy initiative. The projects can be big or small, but they must all make a case for advancing one initiative.

Read all about it, what to apply for, and how to apply. Please do encourage others to apply as well.

Best regards, RamzyM (WMF) 10:22 21 Octubre 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Meet the new Movement Charter Drafting Committee members[revisa codigo]

The Movement Charter Drafting Committee election and selection processes are complete.

The committee will convene soon to start its work. The committee can appoint up to three more members to bridge diversity and expertise gaps.

If you are interested in engaging with Movement Charter drafting process, follow the updates on Meta and join the Telegram group.

With thanks from the Movement Strategy and Governance team

Best, RamzyM (WMF) 13:39, 1 Nōvema 2021 (UTC)

ESEAP Regional Education Meeting[revisa codigo]

Join us for the 1st ESEAP Regional Education Meeting on 27th November 2021 at 7:00 UTC.

We are using this as an opportunity to strengthen the EduWiki network, explore collaboration opportunities, and identify common practices or challenges that are faced by our community members in different regions of the world. Learn and share your projects, tools, or ideas with the education community in the ESEAP region.

We are excited to hear from these wonderful speakers:

Education activities in Indonesia - Dimas Hardijanto, Deputy Coordinator of Education Program of Wikimedia Indonesia
Education activities in Australia - Alex Lum, President of Wikimedia Australia
Education activities in Malaysia - Dody Ismoyo, Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia
Education activities in the Philippines - Imelda Brazal, EWOC Community Specialist - ESEAP Region

Read more about this event here: ESEAP Regional Meeting You may join as a sharer by adding your own agenda or send an email to to be included in the participants list.

Thank you.


EduWiki Outreach Collaborators Community Specialists Team

MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 07:54 23 Noviembre 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Closing the comment period for the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Draft Guidelines[revisa codigo]

Thank you for your continued comments and ideas on the Universal Code of Conduct enforcement guidelines. Your responses have helped to build a stronger Universal Code of Conduct.

If you have not already provided your comments, now is the time as the drafting committee has been meeting to update the enforcement guidelines. The drafting committee wants to consider all comments as they make their updates. Please submit any comments by the end of November. The Committee hopes to finish its revisions before the end of the year, and the revised guidelines will be published as soon as they have been completed.

The next steps for the Universal Code of Conduct include conversations about ratification of the enforcement guidelines. There will be a conversation about ratification on November 29.

The Wikimedia Foundation will make recommendations to the Board of Trustees about the ratification of the guidelines in December. The recommendations will inform the next steps in the Universal Code of Conduct process.

Best, RamzyM (WMF) 08:57 26 Noviembre 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Upcoming Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections[revisa codigo]

Puedes encontrar este mensaje traducido a otros idiomas en Meta-wiki.

La Junta Directiva está preparando una convocatoria de comentarios sobre las próximas elecciones de la Junta, del 7 de enero al 10 de febrero de 2022.

Aunque los detalles se ultimarán la semana anterior a la convocatoria, hemos confirmado al menos dos preguntas que se plantearán durante esta convocatoria para recibir comentarios:

  • ¿Cuál es la mejor manera de garantizar una representación justa de las comunidades emergentes en la Junta?
  • ¿Qué grado de participación deben tener los candidatos durante las elecciones?

Aunque es posible que se añadan más preguntas, el equipo de Estrategia y Gobernanza del Movimiento quiere dar tiempo a los miembros de la comunidad y a los afiliados para que consideren y preparen ideas sobre las preguntas confirmadas antes de que se abra la convocatoria. Nos disculpamos por no tener una lista completa de preguntas en este momento. La lista de preguntas sólo debería aumentar en una o dos preguntas. La intención es no abrumar a la comunidad con solicitudes, sino avisar y agradecer los comentarios sobre estas importantes preguntas.

¿Quieres ayudar a organizar una conversación local durante esta convocatoria?

Ponte en contacto con el equipo de Estrategia y Gobernanza del Movimiento en Meta, en Telegram, o por correo electrónico en msg(_AT_)

Ponte en contacto con nosotros si tienes alguna pregunta o duda. El equipo de Estrategia del Movimiento y Gobernanza tendrá un mínimo de empleados hasta el 3 de enero. Por favor, disculpa cualquier retraso en la respuesta durante este tiempo. También reconocemos que algunos miembros de la comunidad y afiliados están desconectados durante las fiestas de diciembre. Pedimos disculpas si nuestro mensaje te ha llegado mientras estás de vacaciones.


Estrategia y Gobernanza del Movimiento

RamzyM (WMF) (talk) 04:48 27 Dic 2021 (UTC)[responder]

Wiki Loves Folklore is back![revisa codigo]

Por favor, ayuda a traducir a tu idioma

Wiki Loves Folklore Logo.svg

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

You can also organize a local contest in your country and support us in translating the project pages to help us spread the word in your native language.

Feel free to contact us on our project Talk page if you need any assistance.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (discusión) 13:14 9 Enero 2022 (UTC)[responder]

Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections is now open[revisa codigo]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now open and will close on 7 February 2022.

With this Call for Feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team is taking a different approach. This approach incorporates community feedback from 2021. Instead of leading with proposals, the Call is framed around key questions from the Board of Trustees. The key questions came from the feedback about the 2021 Board of Trustees election. The intention is to inspire collective conversation and collaborative proposal development about these key questions.

There are two confirmed questions that will be asked during this Call for Feedback:

  1. What is the best way to ensure more diverse representation among elected candidates? The Board of Trustees noted the importance of selecting candidates who represent the full diversity of the Wikimedia movement. The current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Europe.
  2. What are the expectations for the candidates during the election? Board candidates have traditionally completed applications and answered community questions. How can an election provide appropriate insight into candidates while also appreciating candidates’ status as volunteers?

There is one additional question that may be presented during the Call about selection processes. This question is still under discussion, but the Board wanted to give insight into the confirmed questions as soon as possible. Hopefully if an additional question is going to be asked, it will be ready during the first week of the Call for Feedback.

Join the conversation.


Movement Strategy and Governance

RamzyM (WMF) 03:12 11 Enero 2022 (UTC)[responder]

Movement Strategy and Governance News #5[revisa codigo]

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 5, January 2022Read the full newsletter

Welcome to the fifth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News (formerly known as Universal Code of Conduct News)! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly or bi-weekly to subscribers. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive these updates.

  • Call for Feedback about the Board elections - We invite you to give your feedback on the upcoming WMF Board of Trustees election. This call for feedback went live on 10th January 2022 and will be concluded on 7th February 2022. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification - In 2021, the WMF asked communities about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct policy text. The revised draft of the enforcement guidelines should be ready for community vote in March. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Implementation Grants - As we continue to review several interesting proposals, we encourage and welcome more proposals and ideas that target a specific initiative from the Movement Strategy recommendations. (continue reading)
  • The New Direction for the Newsletter - As the UCoC Newsletter transitions into MSG Newsletter, join the facilitation team in envisioning and deciding on the new directions for this newsletter. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about the UCoC on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

RamzyM (WMF) 07:14 14 Enero 2022 (UTC)[responder]

Subscribe to the This Month in Education newsletter - learn from others and share your stories[revisa codigo]

Dear community members,

Greetings from the EWOC Newsletter team and the education team at Wikimedia Foundation. We are very excited to share that we on tenth years of Education Newsletter (This Month in Education) invite you to join us by subscribing to the newsletter on your talk page or by sharing your activities in the upcoming newsletters. The Wikimedia Education newsletter is a monthly newsletter that collects articles written by community members using Wikimedia projects in education around the world, and it is published by the EWOC Newsletter team in collaboration with the Education team. These stories can bring you new ideas to try, valuable insights about the success and challenges of our community members in running education programs in their context.

If your affiliate/language project is developing its own education initiatives, please remember to take advantage of this newsletter to publish your stories with the wider movement that shares your passion for education. You can submit newsletter articles in your own language or submit bilingual articles for the education newsletter. For the month of January the deadline to submit articles is on the 20th January. We look forward to reading your stories.

Older versions of this newsletter can be found in the complete archive.

More information about the newsletter can be found at Education/Newsletter/About.

For more information, please contact

About This Month in Education · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · For the team: ZI Jony (Talk), Miercoles 6:11, 19 Enero 2022 (UTC)